Leonard Campanello, Co-Founder
John Rosenthal, Co-founder & Chairman
One Bridge St., Suite #300
Newton, MA 02458
For Immediate Release
Friday, June 19, 2015
Contact: Jessica Sacco (JGPR)
P.A.A.R.I. Leaders, Elected Officials, Healthcare Leaders to Meet in Gloucester Friday Morning
Media Availability to Follow
GLOUCESTER — Police Chief Leonard Campanello and John Rosenthal, co-founders of The Police Assisted Addiction and Recovery Initiative (P.A.A.R.I.) will gather Friday morning for a round-table meeting convened by Representative Ann-Margaret Ferrante, bringing together elected officials and healthcare leaders from across the state.
P.A.A.R.I. is a new nonprofit organization, the culmination of a partnership among national leaders of business, healthcare, public sector, and education, who met shortly after the City of Gloucester and Chief Campanello announced the Gloucester ANGEL Initiative, aimed at turning police officers into caregivers in the battle against the disease of drug addiction.
The group will meet with Chief Campanello and Rosenthal to learn more about the organization and to discuss ways to possibly work together.
- Gloucester Police Chief Leonard Campanello, Creator of the Gloucester Initiative and Co-Founder of P.A.A.R.I.
- John Rosenthal, Chairman and Co-Founder of P.A.A.R.I.
- Rep. Ann-Margaret Ferrante (Gloucester), House Chair, Joint Committee on Community Development & Small Businesses
- Senator Bruce Tarr (Gloucester), MA Senate Minority Leader
- Rep. Kate Hogan (Stow), House Chair, Joint Committee on Public Health
- Rep. Liz Malia (Boston/Jamaica Plain), House Chair, Joint Committee on Mental Health & Substance Abuse
- Rep. Smitty Pignatelli (Lenox)
- Mayor Sefatia Romeo Theken, City of Gloucester
- Sheriff Thomas Bowler, Berkshire County
- Dr. Jennifer Michaels, Clinical Director, Brien Center for Mental Health & Substance Abuse Services (Berkshire County)
- Tito Rodriguez, Jail Diversion Coordinator, City of Lynn
- Donna Pellegrino, VP of Business Development, Spectrum Health Systems
- Rebecca Kaye, General Counsel, Committee on Substance Abuse & Mental Health
- Margaret Wile, Research Director, Committee on Substance Abuse & Mental Health
- John Guilfoil, P.A.A.R.I. Executive Director
- Britte McBride, General Counsel, Committee on Community Development & Small Businesses
TODAY — Friday, June 19, 2015
Meeting: 11 a.m.
Media Availability: 12:15 p.m.
Cape Ann Savings Bank Community Room
123 Main St. Gloucester,
(Enter through Harbor Cove Dental Door, next to Kid’s Unlimited — the room is not accessible through the bank).