Our partner, the Methuen Police Department, is taking part in this forum in Methuen this coming Saturday! All are welcome, including the media.
159 Woodburn Dr.
Methuen, MA 01844
For Immediate Release
Wednesday, Sept. 9, 2015
Contact: John Guilfoil
Merrimack Valley Prevention & Substance Abuse Project to Host Community Forum
METHUEN — The Merrimack Valley Prevention And Substance Abuse Project announces that they will host their second annual community forum next month. The forum comes amidst a nationwide growing heroin and opioid abuse and overdose crisis, which has affected every community.
This year, members of the recovery, policing, courts, state government, and news media communities will come together to raise awareness and promote recovery efforts.
The forum is open to the media, and the public is encouraged to attend.
A group of panelists will discuss the latest progress in substance abuse prevention, engaging public and private community members to work together to promote awareness, and treatment of substance use in the community.
Saturday, September 12. From 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Methuen Senior Center, 77 Lowell St.
The following panelists will present on the topic of substance abuse prevention:
- Moderator Phil Lahey, Founder of Circle of Hope
- Danielle Murray, Representative from the Lawrence Drug Court
- Diana DiZoglio, Methuen State Representative
- Jennifer Burns, Director of Peer Recovery Center
- Jim Kane, CEO of Serenity at Summit New England in Haverhill
- Methuen Police Chief Joseph Solomon
- Tracey Rauh, Managing Editor at the Eagle Tribune
The event is presented by Spectrum Health Systems, Inc. and Horizon Home Care. For more information, or to register, contact the MVPASAP at firstname.lastname@example.org.