Senators Markey and Manchin to Hold Press Conference In Opposition of FDA Commissioner Nominee Dr. Robert Califf
Law Enforcement, Medical and Public Health Leaders Join Efforts to Call for Reforms to FDA to Address Opioid Crisis
WASHINGTON – As the U.S. Senate prepares to vote later today, Senators Edward J. Markey (D-Mass.) and Joe Manchin (D-W.V.) will hold a press conference today, Monday, Feb. 22 to discuss their opposition to the nomination of Dr. Robert Califf to head the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The Senators will be joined by leading law enforcement, medical and public health leaders, who are calling for the FDA to respond to the prescription drug and heroin crisis.
Press conference on reforming FDA to address opioid crisis
Monday, Feb. 22 at 12:30 p.m.
S-120, U.S. Capitol, Washington, D.C.
- Senator Edward J. Markey
- Senator Joe Manchin
- Chief Leonard Campanello, Gloucester Police Chief
- Dr. Andrew Kolodny, Chief Medical Officer, Phoenix House
- Rodney Miller, Executive Director West Virginia Sheriffs’ Association
- John Rosenthal, co-founder, Police Assisted Addiction and Recovery Initiative
- Ronda Eddy, Executive Director, Day Report Center