CALL FOR VISTA MEMBER APPLICATIONS
Building on three successful years of support and partnership with AmeriCorps, PAARI is thrilled to launch our 2020-2021 call for full-time VISTA members for our award-winning Recovery Corps program.
PAARI is building a cohort of forty PAARI National Recovery Corps members, spread across the nation, from Maine to Colorado, and Michigan to Arizona, to serve alongside police to address the opioid epidemic and expand access to treatment and recovery.
The majority of our VISTA members will be embedded in police departments to help build, strengthen, and sustain police-led programs to reduce overdose deaths and help more people with substance use disorders access treatment and recovery. We are also creating a team of seven Regional Police Outreach VISTAs who will focus on expanding PAARI’s national network of law enforcement partners.
Call for VISTA Members:
PAARI is seeking candidates interested in doing a year of full-time service with our Recovery Corps. There are 27 open positions for Program Development VISTAs (multiple locations), seven Police Outreach VISTAs (multiple locations), one Resource Development VISTA (Plymouth, MA), and three VISTA Leaders (Plymouth, MA).
Members will be selected on a rolling basis, with start dates as early as August 31, 2020. Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Tasks for a VISTA could include, but not limited to: Developing a project plan for increasing awareness and participation, community assessments, expanding and strengthening partnerships with service providers, developing financial resources, developing program marketing materials, developing policies and procedures, program development and delivery, technology use, developing data collection systems and processes, and volunteer recruitment and management systems.
- At least 18 years old (no upper age limit)
- Availability to full-time (average of 35-40 hours per week) and make a one year commitment
- Are US citizens, US Nationals, Lawful Permanent Resident Aliens, or persons legally residing in a state
- Pass a criminal history review (a criminal background does not automatically preclude an individual)
- Meet knowledge, skills, and ability requirements set by PAARI and the law enforcement host site
- Understand living allowance and service benefits
- Commitment to service and the principles of AmeriCorps VISTA
- As these positions will be operating in a new environment, in addition to relevant lived experience and knowledge of the local treatment and recovery ecosystem, we will be looking for strong administrative skills, flexibility, resourcefulness, a positive attitude, willingness to take initiative, the ability to build rapport with a diverse groups of people, as well as a commitment to PAARI’s mission and values
- People with lived experience with addiction and recovery are encouraged to apply
- Living Allowance, based on the cost of living of the service location. Click here for your location’s exact living allowance
- Relocation Allowance: If you move 50 or more miles from your home to a new community, you receive relocation travel assistance and a settling allowance
- Non-Competitive Eligibility (NCE) – NCE is a unique hiring path which makes it easier for federal agencies to hire you
- AmeriCorps Segal Education Award of $6,195 or end of service stipend of $1,800 upon successful completion of your service year
- Healthcare Benefits
- Loan Forbearance
- In-Service Training
- And many more. More benefits can be found on VISTA Campus
Please click the links below to learn about and apply for one or more of the service opportunities with PAARI’s Recovery Corps.
Boston Police Department 1
Boston Police Department 2
Edgartown Police Department
Essex County Sheriff’s Department – Middleton
Hingham Police Department
Ipswich Police Department
Lawrence Police Department 1
Lawrence Police Department 2
Lynn Police Department
New Bedford Police Department
Newburyport Police Department 1
Newburyport Police Department 2
Plymouth County Outreach / Plymouth Police Department
Winthrop Police Department
VISTA Leader – Plymouth, MA
VISTA Leader – Police Outreach – Plymouth, MA
Resource Development VISTA – Plymouth, MA
Police Outreach VISTA – Northeast Region – flexible location
Police Outreach VISTA – Southeast Region – flexible location
Police Outreach VISTA – Midwest Region – flexible location
Police Outreach VISTA – South Region – flexible location
Police Outreach VISTA – Southwest Region – flexible location
Police Outreach VISTA – West Region – flexible location
Police Outreach VISTA – Islands & Alaska Region – flexible location
To apply, candidates must create an account and log into the My.AmeriCorps portal and apply to the listing for the specific position(s) you are interested in. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and incomplete applications will not be considered. Candidates will be interviewed and selected on a rolling basis with start dates as early as August 31, 2020.
Please feel free to email email@example.com with any questions. No phone calls please.
PAARI is an equal opportunity employer and reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to participate in the interview process, orientation, and service. Individuals with lived experience with addiction, including those in recovery, are encouraged to apply.