On Thursday, April 5, Police Assisted Addiction and Recovery Initiative Executive Director Allie Hunter McDade and Board Member Gil Kerlikowske joined the Seattle Police Department to announce that it received a donation from P.A.A.R.I. to expand its lifesaving nasal naloxone program.
Several media outlets covered the event:
- SEATTLE CHANNEL: Full news conference
- SPD BLOTTER: SPD Expands Naloxone Program with Support from P.A.A.R.I.
- KOMO NEWS: ‘We want to save lives:’ Seattle Police expanding Naloxone program to fight opioid crisis
- KOMO NEWS: Seattle PD expands Naloxone program to help fight opioid crisis
- KIRO: Seattle police to double access to Naloxone
- KIRO: Naloxone is saving lives in Washington, but what does it mean for long-term treatment?
- KING 5: Seattle Police announce donation to fight opioid overdose deaths
- MyNorthwest: Seattle PD expands Naloxone program amid opioid crisis